About Me

My photo
Middle of Nowhere, Home base in Northeast, United States
My passion is in traveling, however when I am not on some distant shore, I can be found in the nearest mall or online perusing Sephora, Smashbox, Ulta and Ebay sites for the latest color combinations. I use Smashbox exclusively, Philosophy, and OPI nail colors...but am willing to explore others if there is something spectacular that I feel I HAVE to have. *I am not affiliated with, nor work for, smashbox....I only enjoy using their products - listings are from smashbox, comments / reviews are from me*

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring cleaning

Well this weeks fun and games for me include the spring cleaning of my cosmetics vanity.... never a fun job.  You know those multi-item palettes that we are all a sucker for around holidays and as new product lines come out? The ones where you tell yourself that "I love all the colors and will use all of them" ....and then don't?  This weeks project includes sifting through all the palettes that have giant empty spots from the 2-3 colors I did use and flawless colors in all the others.....  My tips page touches on this but I will be attempting to break down all my bulky palettes that have been committed to the back of the drawer,  into small jars to be used as eyeliners and highlighters.. After all, having 20 palettes that won't get touched as is, might as well try to salvage what I can from them.  (If I consolidate, I am thinking it makes room for the holiday goodies smashbox is sure to bring out for fall and winter..)

The other bright spot of this week...Smashbox came out with new lip glosses (back in November) and they are offered via QVC only until sometime this month... I just received mine and love / hate them.  The gleam / dazzle set (hot pink / mauve) and the  brillant / luster set (peach / nude) are the 4 shades offered (so far).  Tech specs : swivel up pen that lets you see how much remains in it.  Silicon applicator that reminds me of whats in lip tech.  ok, wore the gleam shade all morning while running errands to see how it holds up, results are : these are VERY shiny glosses with lots of glittery to them. color is minimal but there is some there. application is awkward in beginning until you get used to it ...holding it horizontally while applying seems to work best.  If not eating / drinking, lasts about 1-2 hours before reapply. After gloss is gone, glitter remains. If using it to keep lips moist with minimal color it is great until you eat / drink / smoke and then need to reapply more. tackiness is minimal (had car window down a bit and very little issue of hair clinging to it),  if wanting some color with gloss, definately need to apply over a lip color because there is not enough in these though they are labeled as highly pigmented (grrrrr).  I am still working on how to get photos up, if I can figure it out, will post swatches.

Remember....feel free to follow this and comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment