About Me

My photo
Middle of Nowhere, Home base in Northeast, United States
My passion is in traveling, however when I am not on some distant shore, I can be found in the nearest mall or online perusing Sephora, Smashbox, Ulta and Ebay sites for the latest color combinations. I use Smashbox exclusively, Philosophy, and OPI nail colors...but am willing to explore others if there is something spectacular that I feel I HAVE to have. *I am not affiliated with, nor work for, smashbox....I only enjoy using their products - listings are from smashbox, comments / reviews are from me*

Saturday, March 19, 2011

smash stash refill arrived yesterday!

I am so awful about checking my postbox immediately....I need to work on that! Yesterdays post held a treasure of goodies from my online retail therapy binge...bottle of brush cleaner, 4 light cast detail highlighters i found for 5.00 each with free shipping (yayyyy), 3 illuminating serums (found for 7.99 with free ship), some mini lip glosses, and i hit motherload of travel sized photo finish foundation primers (yes it takes a few to = 1 bottle FS but was equal to getting 4 bottles for around 18.00 each - basically around half off)  Sorry SB but I wouldnt resort to cruising other sites if you hadn't discontinued my light cast highlighter...I love that stuff!  also in my goodie packages was basic items like a cream eyeliner duo to replace the 2 colors from my palette set i finished.

Smashbox has this wonderful palette cream liner set in metallics / proof / vixen - i think the site shows only metallics and proof as current available options for purchase. These palettes give a sample size of 10 shades each and at 32.00 a palette it is a great deal for someone wanting to play with color and try out the different shades (normal cream liner is 22.00 each and not all the palette shades are available individually at the moment). One of my main reasons for loving these palettes (besides the variety in colors) is that though they look like small amounts, there is quite a bit of each color and you have less chance of it drying out before finishing = less waste for your money and more color play. (I hate buying the full size and having it dry out and get thrown out before even half used - yes i am still ticked off about throwing out an almost full reign jet set duo palette that I paid full price for).  This is not a new item, but it is one of my favorite "staple" items due to amount of variety it gives.  Many times I have used a palette to try a new shade and then bought a duo or single once I was sure I liked it and would use frequently.  (I really hate how many cosmetics I have that I bought and used once then traded or put in drawer and forgot about) This palette helps stop that color regret...thank you smashbox :)

My last and final goodie in my smash stash delivery ...was an item discontinued a while ago but i was able to find someone who had 10 of them available....the lip illusion gloss duo. NOT the palette...(i didn't like the palette, not as easy application / use).  This duo helps rejuvinate your old lip colors...one end is white (vanilla scent) other end is black (berry scent).  I have my suspicions about this....I really think that it was changed to the o-gloss shimmer and o-gloss noir but I cant prove it :)  Anyway, the white lightens the darker lip colors and the black darkens the light colors with just a touch of shade to it making previously tired colors new and more vibrant.  Something to look for when your on one of the sites....having a few of these, I still buy the o-gloss noir from smashbox as i love the packaging and i am weak when it comes to glosses :)

ok...i updated a few of the collection links...still way to many to type up but need my morning coffee and thinking of hitting the mall today instead of tomorrow for the smashbox items on sale at ulta....

No comments:

Post a Comment