About Me

My photo
Middle of Nowhere, Home base in Northeast, United States
My passion is in traveling, however when I am not on some distant shore, I can be found in the nearest mall or online perusing Sephora, Smashbox, Ulta and Ebay sites for the latest color combinations. I use Smashbox exclusively, Philosophy, and OPI nail colors...but am willing to explore others if there is something spectacular that I feel I HAVE to have. *I am not affiliated with, nor work for, smashbox....I only enjoy using their products - listings are from smashbox, comments / reviews are from me*

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Do Lunch - Thursday!

Todays Let's Do Lunch is the double ended lip color in shade of Amaretto...this was found in the Reign Collection (fall 2009) but I love the color for late nights out and yes, mainly a fall-ish shade, it does complement my dark hair / pale skin looks if out for an evening...though a bit bold for daytime use.

Was in my "local" Sephora 2 days ago ..(local being a relative term as it is 1 hour 15min from my house) and was playing with the new Smashbox lip stains/ balms.  hmmmm ok...guava is definately NOT a shade for me in the stain (though I do love it in the double ended lip color pencil).  Very bright and pigmented in a corally shade...  Petal seemed pretty in a light pink and Nude seemed a bit too brown for my taste.  Berry was another very deep shade and so was Sangria.  Will be waiting for them to show in a kit before I invest in them..they seemed nice but a bit drying unless using a constant application of the balm thats included. (I easily see running out of balm before finishing the stain and then needing a gloss to come to rescue)  Remember..Kits might run more in cost, but if your replacing favorites or don't have and want the products in it...kits are a great investment as your getting the items for less then if bought separately.  If your like me though, most kits contain duplicates of things I have plenty of and are not that good of a deal unless I plan on pawning off my duplicates to others :)

Anyway...take care and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment